Ellie's World

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

On top of the mountain Part II

Today at school my favorite movie-loving secretary had a very interesting present for me. It was a picture of my friend Melissa and I on the top of a mountain we went hiking at a few weeks ago. Apparently the people we met at the top of the mountain (the ones who gave us sweets and who we chatted with for awhile) had developed the picture they took of us and brought two copies to my school! They remembered that I was an English teacher at Sanchuu Junior High School so they brought the pictures there. It's a small world (and small town!) Anyways, Melissa came over to my house today to pick up some things, and when I gave her the picture she suggested we go to eat at the sushi restaurant that this family owns. They had told us about it when we chatted with them on the mountain. So, we decided to be adventurous and go find this sushi restaurant. When we entered, they immediately recognized us (we kind of stand out : ) ). The owner called her brother, the photographer, and Melissa chatted with him on the phone for awhile. We then had a delicious sushi dinner with lots of "service" (complimentary food), such as shrimp gratin, fish patties, soup, and coffee. They even let us special order so we could have exactly what we wanted. I love small restaurants in Japan, especially when you know the owners! We're definately going back to Sasamoto Sushi in the near future to visit our hiking buddies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home