Ellie's World

Monday, May 01, 2006

Apple Pie

Yesterday I was hanging out with a Japanese friend. As we were deciding what to do, she said she had some apple pie that she had brought back from a recent trip to north Japan. I was stoked! I kept telling myself that it probably wouldn't taste nearly as good as my mom's or grandma's apple pie, but that it would still be some good homemade pie! When we got to her house, there were all kinds of treats on the table. I didn't see the pie, and thought it must be in the kitchen. When my friend opened a thin box that was on the table, I was quite shocked. The "apple pie" was some store-bought apple pie pastry things. I don't know why I was was so shocked, but it never occurred to me that the apple pie wouldn't be homemade, or at least in the shape of a pie. Of course we have similar apple pie pastries (like at McDonald's) in America, but people don't call these pastries "apple pie." After I got over my shock, I gladly accepted one and enjoyed it, though not as much as a slice of real, American apple pie :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home