Ellie's World

Friday, April 28, 2006

Part-time movie critic

I always talk about movies with my favorite secretary. It's a good way for her to practice English- she takes notes in English about the movie she watched, and then we discuss it in English! She always asks me to make recommendations, so I've complied a few rather long lists of movie titles for her. We even went to the video store together and she wrote down the names of movies that I pointed out to her! The last time I rented some videos I got a bunch of coupons for movie rentals. When I went to give her half of my coupons (she rents a lot more movies than I do!) she showed me a big booklet of movie titles and summaries that she got yesterday at the video store. She had amassed so many points from renting videos that she got this book for free! Anyways, she asked me to go through the book and point out my video recommendations. So, I spent one period today going through this book and post-it noting my video recommendations (with some comments about each movie). This book is so helpful because most movies have a different title in Japan, so if I recommend a movie, it is sometimes impossible to find it if the title is different or not directly translated. Today we found so many movies that I had previously recommended that had different titles. Maybe I could start a part-time business doing movie consulting... : ) After talking with my friend about so many movies, I really realize that I have seen so many!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home