Ellie's World

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

No autographs, please

Yesterday I had dinner at one of the office secretary's homes. I always go to the office to speak English with her (and talk about movies- she's a fanatic, just like me!). This month is the "doll festival" in Japan, so all houses with daughters have elaborate doll decorations at their house. I have seen pictures, but had never seen the dolls in someone's home. The dolls are displayed on a kind of pyramid depicting a wedding scene (the purpose of the festival is somehow to ensure/hope that their daughters will get married someday- I'm not sure of the details). Anyways, I brought my photo albums to share with her family (she has two daughters). Now, some of my Japanese friends have told me that certain members of my family look like famous people (enter Dad as Bruce Willis :) before, but my friend and her family insisted that we all looked like celebrities, and that Dad not only looked like Bruce Willis, but "Jack," Kiefer Sutherland's character from "24" (very popular in Japan). So, Dad, if you're reading this, don't let your head get too swelled...and, if you're thinking of becoming a celebrity, just move to Japan : ) you already have a fan club! (Oh- they also thought I looked like Michelle Tanner from "Full House" when I was a child...right... : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home