Ellie's World

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Are you talking to me?

As I was leaving school today, the office manager stuck his head out of the office and called my name. I didn't turn around at first because I was sure he wasn't talking to me. It's not that I think he doesn't like me, it's just that he never really acknowledges me or smiles at me. But most of the people in the office at this school are like that. When I finally realized that he had gone out of his way to get my attention, I started talking to him. Ok, here's the confusing part. He started asking me if I played tennis, and I wondered if he had seen me play before at Tateyama Sports Park, but he said he hadn't, so I wondered how he knew I played. And then he told me he played. And then I THINK (this was all in Japanese) he asked me to play tennis with him. I left the conversation saying, "Ok, next time," while still wondering what was really going on. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to tell him when I'm free, or if we decided a day, or if other people are going to play- I'll post if there's any interesting outcome to this (kind-of) dilemma!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home