Ellie's World

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Yumi

The second-year students made beautiful graduation invitations for the third-year students out of some shiny origami paper. The paper was really beautiful, and I talked to one of the second-year students about the paper for a long time. Sometimes conversations dwell on the same thing because there aren't many things I can talk about with the students given the whole language barrier. Anyways, the next day she gave me a small package after lunch. It was a small pack of paper with a note that said, "Ellie- you like this paper, don't you? Yumi." I was so happy! I hadn't really talked with her much before we talked about the paper, but it must have meant a lot to her. I really notice that many students are getting more comfortable with me because I've been around for awhile. It's fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home