Ellie's World

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bowling

I had to go to a city hall bowling tournament because I am a city hall employee. I wasn't too excited because I don't know the other Board of Education employees well, but, in Japan, even if you don't want to go, you have to... : ) The actual bowling and dinner afterward was ok, even though dinner was at a yakiniku place- basically big plates of meat, which isn't my favorite food, especially liver and chicken cartilage! Anywas, the most memorable part of the night was the bowling practice. Before the actual tournament began, there was about five minutes of practice. After living in Japan for awhile, I've learned the importance of practice and preparation, even for simple things like bowling. Anyways, here's what the practice period looked like: a whole bowling alley full of bowlers bowling down empty lanes. They were practicing so much that there wasn't time for the pins to be re-set, so everyone was just bowling down the empty lane. I thought it was pretty funny- it didn't seem to help me much, I got about 6 gutter balls (and one strike!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home