Ellie's World

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Free Willy

I finally ate whale. I was a kind of whale jerky, and it tasted like fishy beef jerky. I couldn't get the image of Free Willy out of my mind as I was chewing away. I ate it at an enkai, which is a drinking party with snacks. Enkais are very popular in Japan as a time for socializing outside of work. About 20 teachers went to the enkai tonight. Sometimes they are quite pricey, but tonight, much to my relief, wasn't too expensive. Anyways, it was the first enkai I went to where EVERYONE gave a speech about today's graduation party performances and graduation in general (including me! Mine only last about 10 seconds, while some people talked for almost 10 minutes!) The food is sometimes a bit sketchy to me, but tonight there was some pretty good stuff. Enkai's are pretty fun because the teacher's are more relaxed (and a bit drunk:) and are more comfortable using their limited (and sometimes strange!) English.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home