Ellie's World

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Super Mineral Water

For some reason, the students (and sometimes teachers) at my school are really interested in my Nalgene water bottle. One of my teachers always jokes that I have "o-sake" in my water bottle. Yesterday some students kept eyeing my water bottle from the hallway outside of the teacher's room. I could see them pointing and whispering. I went over and showed them that it was indeed just a regular water bottle, and I tried to explain that it's very convenient to use instead of buyin new plastic water bottles. At the end of the day, the same students came back to the teacher's room and started talking about my "suu-pa mi-ne-ra-ru u-a-ta!" (Super mineral water) I'm not sure where they learned this phrase from, but I thought it was pretty funny! It made it seem like I had this special, exotic water that was somehow giving me special powers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home