Ellie's World

Saturday, January 14, 2006

More Jogging Tales....

I decided that since it was Saturday I would go for an extra-long run. Usually I have to fight the sun when I run afterschool (it gets dark here so early!) It was surprisingly warm and humid today, especially after yesterday's absolutely freezing weather! There were a few sprinkles throughout my run, but nothing too bad until about 40 minutes into my run- then the heavens opened up! It was raining so hard my clothes were sticking to me, water was running into my eyes, I stopped avoiding puddles, I could open my mouth for a quick refreshment, and I no longer felt tired because I was just running to get out of the rain! I realized how ridiculous I must look to all the cars splashing by me- a crazy foreigner running in the pouring down rain! About 5 minutes from my house a car slowed down beside me and the person inside waved at me, but I couldn't see who it was and I wasn't about to stop to say hello! Around the next corner I realized that the car had turned around and was following me. I didn't recognize the driver as he rolled down the window. I wondered why he was slowing down until I noticed that he was motioning for me to get in his car. He wanted to give me a ride because it was raining so hard! I yelled out, "I'm OK" a few times before he drove away. What a nice gesture! If I had gotten into his car, I would have absolutely soaked it, but he still offered me a ride. I quickly ran home, peeled off my soaking clothes and hopped in the shower, even though I was probably wetter outside than I was in the shower!

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Abbey said...

I've only been soaked like that once while running - in San Diego - I too was wetter on my run than when I stepped out of the shower!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home